Larry Flowers Esq. – Suffolk County DWI Lawyer
At Flowers Law Group, our Suffolk County DWI Lawyer can give you the representation you need to truly get the fair trial you deserve. We can represent you in a variety of different ways and our criminal and civil trial attorney, Larry Flowers, Esq., is ready to help you today. Fill out the form below to get started:
Driving while intoxicated is a serious crime in the state of New York. If you are caught driving while intoxicated, the state of New York is able to suspend your license, charge you expensive fines, and potentially put you in jail. It is very important to seek legal help if you are charged with a DWI. Flowers Law Group and our Suffolk County DWI Lawyer can help you avoid some of the serious punishments.
Police or other law enforcement can charge you with a DWI depending on your blood-alcohol content (BAC). In New York, you can be charged with a DWI if your BAC is:
– .08% and your 21 or older
– .04% if you’re driving a commercial vehicle
– .02% if you are under 21 years old.
The penalty for a DWI depends on specific factors:
– Your age
– Your driver’s license, depending on whether you have a regular or commercial drivers license
– Whether you submitted to a chemical test.
Your first DWI offense will sometimes involve a license suspension, as well as a hefty fine and possible jail time. A visit to our Suffolk County DWI Lawyer will give you the representation you need if you receive a DWI.
Why you could benefit from a lawyer
Even though your court date could be months away, it usually is necessary to take fast action to challenge the department of motor vehicle’s suspension of your license.
Our Suffolk County DWI Lawyer can fight to get your suspension reduced. Most DWI cases finish with a plea bargain. A knowledgeable attorney can be beneficial to get you a favorable deal. Our Suffolk County DWI Lawyer understands how to get you the best deal possible. If you have previously been charged with a DWI, there’s a greater possibility that you will be sent to jail. Our lawyer can negotiate with the prosecution to attempt to avoid jail-time while preparing for the trial of your specific case and giving you the help you need.
It can’t hurt to have a consultation with our lawyer. If you or someone you know has recently been charged with a DWI please have them contact Flowers Law Group to see how we can help you.
People often hear about the strict consequences of driving under the influence of alcohol through news outlets and celebrity arrests. However, what many people do not actually know are the consequences of driving high on drugs. Our Suffolk County DWI Lawyer at Flowers Law Group can represent you and give you the legal guidance you need.
First, there are two drug-related violations that are present in New York State:
– Driving While Ability Impaired by a Single Drug other than Alcohol (DWAI/Drug)
– Driving While Ability Impaired by a Combined Influence of Drugs or Alcohol (DWAI/Combination)
A driver can be charged with the violations listed above if he or she drives under the influence of a drug that is legal, illegal, or even prescribed. Yes, even some prescribed drugs such as Ambien can severely affect how a person operates a motor vehicle. This can be considered punishable by law. If the driver becomes convicted, he or she will have a permanent criminal record and could possibly face the following punishments:
– A suspended driver’s license for six months or more
– Jail time of up to one year
– Probation for up to three years
– A fine of up to $1000
In addition, if a driver causes an injury or kills another driver due to driving while impaired, they could possibly be convicted of vehicular manslaughter, assault, or criminally negligent homicide, while facing up to 15 years of jail time.
If you are seeking legal assistance because you have been charged with a DWAI, Flowers Law Group and our Suffolk County DWI Lawyer can give you the representation you need. Our group consists of qualified, experienced attorneys who can aid you every step of the way through your criminal charge. We are here to help you seek the best outcome suited to your individual case.
Getting Multiple DUI’s: What Will Happen?
Drunk driving is a serious offense no matter what state you committed the crime. Getting one DUI is a severe legal matter that is not taken lightly. However, what happens if you have been charged with more than one DUI? What steps should you take next? Our Suffolk County DWI Lawyer and criminal lawyer in Suffolk County at Flowers Law Group can provide you with guidance and will help you through this challenging time. Legal proceedings, especially those regarding driving under the influence, can have various amounts of parallels that need to be analyzed by an experienced professional. At Flowers Law Group, our team is dedicated to providing clients with the proper legal representation they need.
Several consequences follow if you are charged with multiple DUI’s. Some of these include:
- Ignition Interlock Device – This device will be installed in your car and will require you to use a breathalyzer before you start your vehicle. Your vehicle will not start if you fail this test and will result in possible fines and payments. There are an installation fee and monthly fees attached to this device as well.
- Driver’s License – A DUI is grounds for suspension of your driver’s license. A license may be suspended for six months to one year, but it could vary depending on the situation. On average, a first-time DUI conviction carries a suspension of at least 180 days. If you’re weary of your current license and its potential suspension, contact our DWI lawyer in Central Islip & criminal lawyer in Suffolk County for further assistance.
- Fines – You will get charged with a fine when you are sentenced. This number will increase depending upon the number of times you’ve been charged:
- $500 – for your first DUI.
- $500 – for your second DUI.
- $1000 – for your third DUI.
- For your fourth DUI (and up) the fine could be as much as $5000
Whatever your circumstance, if you have been charged with multiple DUI’s, our Suffolk County DWI Lawyer and criminal lawyer in Suffolk County can help you today. Contact Flowers Law Group today to begin your consultation and get the representation you need.
Contact A Suffolk County DWI Lawyer
If you’ve been charged with a DWI and need a legal team to give you the help you need, our Suffolk County DWI Lawyer, Larry Flowers, is here for you! Contact us today and let us help you.
Directions To Our Suffolk County DWI Lawyer
Via NY-25A Heading West
- Continue to follow NY-25A W
- Turn left onto New York Ave in Huntington
- Destination will be on your left
Via NY-25A Heading East
- Continue on NY-25A E
- Stay northeast on Main St
- Turn right on New York Ave
- Destination will be on your left