Larry Flowers, Esq – Our DWI Lawyer in Central Islip
At Flowers Law Group, our DWI Lawyer in Central Islip can give you the representation you need to truly get the fair trial you deserve. We can represent you in a variety of different ways and our criminal and civil trial attorney, Larry Flowers, Esq., is ready to help you today. Fill out the form below to get started:
Driving while intoxicated is a serious crime in the state of New York. If you are caught driving while intoxicated, the state of New York is able to suspend your license, charge you expensive fines, and potentially put you in jail. It is very important to seek legal help if you are charged with a DWI. Flowers Law Group and our DWI lawyer in Central Islip can help you avoid some of the serious punishments.
Police or other law enforcement can charge you with a DWI depending on your blood-alcohol content (BAC). In New York, you can be charged with a DWI if your BAC is:
– .08% and your 21 or older
– .04% if you’re driving a commercial vehicle
– .02% if you are under 21 years old.
The penalty for a DWI depends on specific factors:
– Your age
– Your driver’s license, depending on whether you have a regular or commercial drivers license
– Whether you submitted to a chemical test.
Your first DWI offense will sometimes involve a license suspension, as well as a hefty fine and possible jail time. A visit to our DWI lawyer in Central Islip will give you the representation you need if you receive a DWI.
Why you could benefit from a DWI Lawyer in Central Islip
Even though your court date could be months away, it usually is necessary to take fast action to challenge the department of motor vehicle’s suspension of your license. Our DWI lawyer in Central Islip can fight to get your suspension reduced. Most DWI cases finish with a plea bargain. A knowledgeable attorney can be beneficial to get you a favorable deal. Our DWI lawyer in Central Islip understands how to get you the best deal possible. If you have previously been charged with a DWI, there’s a greater possibility that you will be sent to jail. Our lawyer can negotiate with the prosecution to attempt to avoid jail-time while preparing for the trial of your specific case and giving you the help you need.
It can’t hurt to have a consultation with our lawyer. If you or someone you know has recently been charged with a DWI please have them contact Flowers Law Group to see how we can help you.
People often hear about the strict consequences of driving under the influence of alcohol through news outlets and celebrity arrests. However, what many people do not actually know are the consequences of driving high on drugs. Our DWI lawyer in Central Islip at Flowers Law Group can represent you and give you the legal guidance you need.
First, there are two drug-related violations that are present in New York State:
– Driving While Ability Impaired by a Single Drug other than Alcohol (DWAI/Drug)
– Driving While Ability Impaired by a Combined Influence of Drugs or Alcohol (DWAI/Combination)
A driver can be charged with the violations listed above if he or she drives under the influence of a drug that is legal, illegal, or even prescribed. Yes, even some prescribed drugs such as Ambien can severely affect how a person operates a motor vehicle. This can be considered punishable by law. If the driver becomes convicted, he or she will have a permanent criminal record and could possibly face the following punishments:
– A suspended driver’s license for six months or more
– Jail time of up to one year
– Probation for up to three years
– A fine of up to $1000
In addition, if a driver causes an injury or kills another driver due to driving while impaired, they could possibly be convicted of vehicular manslaughter, assault, or criminally negligent homicide, while facing up to 15 years of jail time.
If you are seeking legal assistance because you have been charged with a DWAI, Flowers Law Group and our DWI lawyer in Central Islip can give you the representation you need. Our group consists of qualified, experienced attorneys can aid you every step of the way through your criminal charge. We are here to help you seek the best outcome suited to your individual case.
If you’ve been charged with a DWI and need a legal team to give you the help you need, our DWI lawyer in Central Islip, Larry Flowers, is here for you! Contact us today and let us help you.
Directions to our DWI Lawyer from Central Islip
Via NY-25A Heading West
- Continue to follow NY-25A W
- Turn left onto New York Ave in Huntington
- Destination will be on your left
Via NY-25A Heading East
- Continue on NY-25A E
- Stay northeast on Main St
- Turn right on New York Ave
- Destination will be on your left
Recent Blog Posts From our DWI Lawyer in Central Islip
Getting Multiple DUI’s: What Will Happen?
Drunk driving is a serious offense no matter what state you committed the crime. Getting one DUI is a severe legal matter that is not taken lightly. However, what happens if you have been charged with more than one DUI? What steps should you take next? Our DWI lawyer in Central Islip and criminal lawyer in Suffolk County at Flowers Law Group can provide you with guidance and will help you through this challenging time. Legal proceedings, especially those regarding driving under the influence, can have various amounts of parallels that need to be analyzed by an experienced professional. At Flowers Law Group, our team is dedicated to providing clients with the proper legal representation they need.
The Consequences – Told By Our DWI Lawyer in Central Islip
Several consequences follow if you are charged with multiple DUI’s. Some of these include:
- Ignition Interlock Device – This device will be installed in your car and will require you to use a breathalyzer before you start your vehicle. Your vehicle will not start if you fail this test and will result in possible fines and payments. There are an installation fee and monthly fees attached to this device as well.
- Driver’s License – A DUI is grounds for suspension of your driver’s license. A license may be suspended for six months to one year, but it could vary depending on the situation. On average, a first-time DUI conviction carries a suspension of at least 180 days. If you’re weary of your current license and its potential suspension, contact our DWI lawyer in Central Islip & criminal lawyer in Suffolk County for further assistance.
- Fines – You will get charged with a fine when you are sentenced. This number will increase depending upon the number of times you’ve been charged:
- $500 – for your first DUI.
- $500 – for your second DUI.
- $1000 – for your third DUI.
- For your fourth DUI (and up) the fine could be as much as $5000
Whatever your circumstance, if you have been charged with multiple DUI’s, our DWI lawyer in Central Islip and criminal lawyer in Suffolk County can help you today. Contact Flowers Law Group today to begin your consultation and get the representation you need.
What Do You Do if You Hit a Pedestrian With Your Car? Ask Our DWI Lawyer in Central Islip
Hitting a pedestrian with your car can be an incredibly stressful situation to be in. Was it your fault? Did I break the law? What will I do now? These are some common thoughts that will race through your mind as you process the situation. At Flowers Law Group, our criminal lawyer in Suffolk County at Huntington and Central Islip can give you legal guidance and help you during this time.
Every year, thousands of pedestrians are hit by motor vehicles. In 2015 alone, over 5,000 people were killed as a result of getting hit by a car. If you take those figures into a daily count, that makes about 15 people killed every day from motor vehicle accidents. When getting into the category of injuries, about 70,000 people were injured in automobile accidents/crashes. Getting proper representation is key, especially if you’re involved in a pedestrian-car accident. Our team at Flowers Law Group can provide you a criminal lawyer in Suffolk County if you find yourself in legal trouble.
What happens right after the incident
These are some steps to take after getting yourself into this kind of accident:
- Safety first – Once you’ve calmed down, the first thing you should do see if the pedestrian is hurt. If he/she is, call the authorities.
- Medical & legal help – As soon as you can call the police and medical care services, getting in touch with a criminal lawyer in Suffolk County can give you an idea of what legal steps to take next.
- Exchange information – It is important to exchange contact information and insurance information.
Reasons a crash may occur
- Walking in the middle of the road
- Distracted driving
- Running a red light/traffic violation
- Not taking a full stop at a stop sign
While accidents may happen, you must always be aware of the consequences of your actions. At Flowers Law Group, we can provide you with legal guidance and representation. If you find yourself in a lawsuit or in trouble with the law, contact our criminal lawyer in Suffolk County for help today.
What Are The Legal Ramifications Using Medication Without a Prescription?
At Flowers Law Group our attorneys are equipped to handle your legal needs, and we strive to provide the best advocacy for you and your case. If you’ve recently gotten into legal trouble, or just have any questions, feel free to contact our DWI lawyer in Central Islip at Flowers Law Group.
What is a DWI?
Before you contact our DWI lawyer in Central Islip, it’s good to be aware of what you’re actually being charged with. It’s important to know that DWI can stand for one or two things: “driving while intoxicated” or “driving while impaired.” Another similar offense is referred to as DUI, “driving under the influence.” In both scenarios, the driver is risking not only their life and their safety, but they could be risking the lives of their passengers as well.
Prescription drugs and driving
If you are someone who is currently being prescribed any type of drug, you should be aware of the side effects that the medication has. Before you start taking any prescription drugs, you should familiarize yourself with the way it can affect your driving abilities. Here are some things to consider if you are being prescribed any type of medications:
- Be clear on the directions that are given on the label
- Make sure you are not suffering from any harmful side effects before attempting to drive
- Take your doses at the correct times
- If you’re starting a new medication, see how you personally react to it before getting into a car
Legal consequences of using drugs without a prescription:
Using drugs that are not prescribed to you isn’t only extremely dangerous, but it’s also illegal. According to the FDA, it is only legal to take a prescription drug when that medication is specifically prescribed to you. Without that prescription, you are in possession of an illegal controlled substance. Aside from the dangerous effects a prescription drug could have on you, it could also possibly land you in jail. In most states, there are laws in place that require you to have prescription drugs in their designated and labeled container. If you are found to be carrying around unlabeled prescription medication, you could be penalized with a year in jail along with expensive fines.
If you or someone you know is in need of any type of criminal defense, civil litigation, or family law, our DWI lawyer in Central Islip at Flowers Law Group is ready to help! Contact us today to set up a call or meeting.